Almost everyone who knows the internet certainly has social media accounts such as twitter, facebook, G +, and others, or at least they must have an account in one of those social media. At first, social media is made for social activities, but over time, there are benefits of using social media for business. If your business is not currently promoted by these platform, then you will be left behind by competitors who use them.
Activities in social media can provide many benefits for a local business that includes improving the brand awareness and also strengthen the SEO of the business website. I do not say that having a social media account will automatically increase the sales of your business, but with a business presence in the virtual world, it will certainly make your business better known by many people. And of course the people who are in your network will contact you when they need your products or services. They like already have a bond with you indirectly.
Related article: 8 Effective Social Media Tools For Small Businesses
Business activities in social media is not just about promotion, but more than that. We could be someone who just oriented on money and short-term profits, or get long-term profit and relationships with people connected in social media, it’s our choice. However, if we talk about the business, of course we want the long-term one.
Here are 10 tips on using social media for business:
The first, be sure your business have social media accounts that are popular today, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, etc.
1. Make sure your customers can mark the “check in” when they are in your shop. This facility has been provided by Facebook and it is suitable for local businesses such as cafe, bar, or restaurant. Of course you have to take advantage of this facility to your business Facebook Page to get your business more known by many people.
2. Also register your business on Foursquare which can help you in accessing the names of people who have “check in“ to your business. Thus, you can find out some of their habits as customers and can help you make them a regular customer of your business.
3. Prepare your business with the newest features of the Facebook Graph Search, which people can find all the local businesses according to what they like.
4. Actively communicate in Twitter. Post your business activities on twitter regularly, for example: customers who come into your business, the event that you do, promotional products, and others. We can also provide an incentive or discount to the followers who are willing to tweet or post on Twitter or Facebook about our business. Thus, their friends or followers will also get to know your business.
5. Create your account on LinkedIn. Your profile on LinkedIn will greatly affect your business because search engines like Google will give a higher ranking to LinkedIn profile than other social media, including Facebook. Make sure you have an account on LinkedIn and keep up to date on social media, do not forget to connect to other similar businesses in your business industry.
6. YouTube is one of the highly recommended social media to increase business brand on the internet. This Google-owned sites can also be called as the largest search engine after Google. Make a video about your business as creative as possible and then upload it to YouTube. In addition, you can also offer incentives to your customers when they are willing to make a video about their experience at your business and upload it to your YouTube channel.
7. Register your business on Yelp.com. This site combines a review of the business to great social media features. People usually visit this site when they are seeking information or other people’s reviews about a shop, restaurant, dentist, and other businesses. You need to keep track of conversations on Yelp about your business, and make sure the visitors in the future like what they read.
8. Set up meetings, workshops and other informal events that are linked to your business. Then promote your activities on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms. People will be happy to attend the event if they feel they can get information, added value, access, discount or network.
9. Picture is very important because it can represent many words. Be sure to post pictures of activities related to your business to Twitter, Facebook, and also your blog. Do not forget to take all the pictures associated to your brand, and then upload them to your website. You should also take a photo of your staffs and customers then post it to Instagram and Facebook, then mark the one who is in the photo, so they will also want to share it to their friends.
You also need: 3 Steps in Starting an Internet Business
10. Post article about your business activity in the blog, not just about your business profile, but more on your experience, your events, news, and information related to the topic of your business. Focus on content that gives a lot of information and optimize the post title and tags in every post you make, it is important for SEO. Do not forget to give outbound links and also inbound links to your blog for increasing traffic, either directly or indirectly, to your business website.